Nature has hidden its treasures everywhere and Olive oil is indeed a liquid gold with mind-blowing benefits. It is one of the most famous herbal oil that has diverse uses. From makeup and skincare brands to cuisines, Olive oil benefits alone exceed the usefulness of any other ingredient of the product. Today our article is all about the uses and benefits of this herbal treasure, which we call olive oil.
1. Uses And Benefits of Olive Oil in cooking
Olive oil is a popular choice for its mild flavor and high smoke point. The CSPI also researched on the olive oil benefits and they concluded that consuming olive oil can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer including colorectal, prostate, and endometrial cancer by up to 30 percent. Furthermore, this study concludes that olive oil is effective in reducing wrinkles and boosting skin hydration.
Here are 7 common uses of olive oil in cooking
Olive oil is a favored choice for sauteing vegetables, meats, and fish as it has a high smoke point which adds flavor and aroma to your cuisine.
This liquid gold can be used to roast vegetables in the oven. Simply toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper before roasting, and enjoy the delicious, and crispy vegetables afterward.
Though it also adds a distinct flavor to the dish, Olive oil is a best alternative to butter or other oils. It adds moisture and flavor to cakes, muffins, and other baked goods.
A drizzle of olive oil is a great way to finish off a dish. Just drizzle some olive oil over salads, roasted vegetables, or pasta dishes and taste the magic.
Olive oil is a key ingredient in marinades. It helps to tenderize the meat and add flavor to it
This golden oil is a favorite choice for making homemade salad dressings. It’s light, flavorful, and pairs well with a variety of other ingredients.
Olive oil makes food flavorful, less greasy, and healthy.
2. Uses And Benefits Of Olive Oil In Skin Care Products
Olive oil has many skin benefits, such as moisturizing, anti-aging, and reducing inflammation. we can make DIY masks, scrubs, and cleansers that can also be used as a moisturizer or as massage oils. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from free radicals and sun damage. Additionally, it can help reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles. As Olive oil has many uses for skin care, it can be used as a moisturizer, cleanser, or exfoliant.
As a Moisturizer
Olive oil is a great moisturizer because it is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants. This oil helps to soften and hydrate the skin while protecting it from environmental damage.
As it is gentle and non-irritating, olive oil is an excellent cleanser. Also, it removes dirt and makeup without stripping the skin’s natural oils.
As an Exfoliant
Olive oil exfoliates the skin gently as it helps in removing dead skin cells and encourage new cell growth.
For Hair conditioning
Use olive oil to condition the hair and scalp. It can help to prevent dryness, reduce frizz, and add shine.
Olive oil contains natural antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from sun damage.
Olive oil contains vitamins and fatty acids that can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
3. Olive Oil Benefits and Uses In Hair care
Olive oil is an incredibly versatile product that is useful in maintaining healthy hair and scalp. It is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids which help to nourish, protect, and keep your hair healthy. Here are few olive oil uses and benefits for hair care.
- In Conditioning: Olive oil gives a deep-conditioning treatment to help restore moisture, luster, and shine to dry, damaged, or brittle hair. To use, simply apply the oil to your hair and scalp, and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it out with a mild shampoo.
- As a Hot oil treatment: Olive oil can be used as a hot oil treatment to help repair dry, brittle hair. To use, warm the oil up slightly and apply it to your hair and scalp and massage it in. Cover your head with a plastic cap or wrap and leave the oil on for about 30 minutes and then rinse it to see the magic.
- For Hydration: Use Olive oil as an intense hydrating hair mask. Simply mix equal parts of olive oil and honey and apply them to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it out with a mild shampoo.
- Use of olive oil in Aromatherapy: Olive oil is often used in aromatherapy products as it is believed to help reduce stress and relax the body. Aromatherapy is the practice of using natural essential oils to promote physical and psychological health.
3. Amazing Health Benefits of Olive Oil
- Olive oil is beneficial for Heart Health. As it is loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats, it can help reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood, and decrease the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Olive oil has Anti-Inflammatory Properties. It contains oleocanthal, a natural compound with anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that oleocanthal can provide protection against chronic inflammation, which is linked to a number of diseases.
- This Golden oil is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin E, polyphenols, and phytosterols. These compounds protect the body from oxidative damage and reduce inflammation.
- Promotes and support Weight Loss. Olive oil is a great source of healthy fats and can help you feel full for longer. It also help in reducing your overall calorie intake, which will help you lose weight.
- Research has found that regular consumption of olive oil helps in lowering blood pressure, which is a risk factor for heart disease.
- Studies suggest that olive oil may help improve bone health by increasing calcium absorption.
- It reduces the risk of cancer as studies have found that regular consumption of olive oil may help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, including breast and colon cancer.
- Moreover, Olive oil is helpful in protecting the digestive tract, as well as helps the body in absorbing nutrients more easily.
- Also, it aids in improving skin health.
In the end, all we have to say is that Olive oil benefits make it a versatile and nutritious staple in any household. It is a healthy source of fats, and its flavor and aroma can bring out the best in any cuisine. Moreover, this golden treasure also enhances your physical beauty as it is effective for skin and hair health.