Turmeric benefits are not unknown to mankind. This gold of spices is being used for its medicinal and health benefits for centuries. In many cultures, turmeric is a basic ingredient for a lot of cuisines. Our article today is to reveal all the health benefits and possible side effects of turmeric.
Effective health benefits of Turmeric
In the older days, turmeric was used as “medicine” to treat many illnesses. Turmeric has magical properties that can have a positive effect on your life if consumed daily.
11 Medicinal benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric aids in stomach healing and in many medicines it acts as an agent that fights gas and bloating.
- It helps with kidney functions. Turmeric aids in bile production as well as helps with water retention thus resulting in more urination.
- Turmeric stimulates Brain function and also increases brain activity.
- It has antioxidant properties that keep the body and skin young.
- Turmeric tea helps with insomnia as it has analgesic properties too.
- Due to its antibacterial properties, turmeric is been used as an anti-septic agent for centuries.
- Using turmeric daily improves your heart function.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the healing of the body. You can apply directly for physical healing or take it orally for internal healing.
- Some scientific research proves that turmeric is an anti-tumor and helps in the prevention of cancerous cells in the body.
- It is a great appetizer and helps with hunger issues.
- Turmeric has anti-allergic properties which is why it is a common ingredient in many herbal medicines too.
Turmeric benefits when used in ayurvedic medicine
Curcumin or turmeric is an Asian spice and hence an important ingredient of Indian medicine.
- In ayurvedic three Doshas or body energies can cause problems or disease in the body and when used correctly, turmeric can heal all three.
- People believe that Turmeric has powers that can increase spiritual positivity and bring success.
- In traditional Indian ayurvedic, turmeric is known as the best “cleanser”. This also justifies how turmeric is used as a “cholagogues” agent in medicines.
- Turmeric is very effective for yoga users as it improves bone health and ligaments.
8 benefits of Turmeric when used daily as a spice are
- It detoxifies your liver, cleanses your blood, and improves liver function.
- Turmeric is a very good ingredient to aid in the digestion process. It heals stomach ulcers, boosts the digestion process, and removes toxic chemicals. Turmeric also dilutes the stomach acids thus curing the acid reflux.
- Curcumin is very effective in balancing cholesterol levels in the body. The more good cholesterol, the better is your health.
- The daily use of turmeric tea benefits the weight loss journey.
- As it has healing properties, turmeric boosts your immunity and speeds up your healing process.
- Also, turmeric is effective in the prevention and cure of allergies.
- It removes metal deposits from the body keeping the electrolytes, minerals, and other chemicals in balance.
- Above all, turmeric even prevents our body at the DNA level from the damage.
What are Turmeric benefits for different body parts?
- The best turmeric benefit is that it cures joint pain and gives relief to arthritis
- Improve muscle ligaments.
- Heal bone fractures and injuries.
- Moreover, helps with osteoarthritis.
- It boosts immunity and cures the hematologic system.
- Aids in improving anemia.
- Also has antiplatelet properties.
- Helps with bowel syndrome and prevents and cures inflammatory bowel disease.
- Improves stomach, pancreas, and intestinal functions.
- Improves circulation and soothes nerves.
- Very effective for psychological treatment as it helps fight depression and bipolar disorder.
- Helpful in treating stress disorders as it calms nerves.
- Improves memory functions and prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
- Heals after stroke and helpful in epilepsy.
Turmeric Benefits for oral health include
- Plaque prevention and removal.
- Treat oral ulcers
- Also aids in healing gingivitis
- Turmeric tea benefits in treating cough and acts as an anti-asthma agent
- Prevent nicotine damage in the respiratory tract.
- Helpful in COPD.
Turmeric benefits for skin
- Reduce blemishes, freckles, and wrinkles. Also, it is effective in making skin fair and is used in many skin masks.
- When applied to the skin, cleanse and rejuvenate the skin.
- Also helps with acne and pimples due to its antiseptic and anti-allergic properties and heals when applied on scars.
- Effective when applied on sunburns, eczema, and psoriasis.
Turmeric benefits for women
- Aids in problems related to menopause.
- Also, regulates hormones and menstrual cycles.
- Improves reproductive health.
- Moreover, helps in the cure of fibroids, PCOS, and leucorrhea.
Benefits of turmeric for men
- It improves male potency.
- Prevents prostate enlargement and hernia.
How to take Turmeric
- Turmeric can be used as a spice or herb in daily routine.
- You can also make turmeric tea or turmeric milk to treat different health conditions.
- For external injuries and skin treatments, you can simple mix turmeric with water and apply it directly as a paste.
- You can mix Turmeric with honey, milk, water, or lemon to make different skin masks.
What are the 9 serious side effects of Turmeric
Turmeric is like a drug so you must use it in supervised quantities. Over usage can cause
- Nausea, vomiting, and Diarrhea.
- Reduced blood pressure.
- Can mess up with blood thinning medication so doctors’ advise is necessary.
- Interference in hormonal activity that can lead to increase in blood flow during menstruation.
- Gallbladder contractions thus increase in urination.
- May mess up with liver functions.
- Induce false labor pains in pregnant women as it increases uterus contractions.
However, you must take doctors’ advice if the person is suffering from jaundice, gall stones, or hepatitis. Also, if you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs, always take turmeric in moderate quantity.
Other uses of Turmeric
Turmeric’s health benefits are not the only magical properties it holds.
- It is also used as a coloring agent in many dyes and food coloring.
- Acts as an insect repellent when burned.
- In older days, turmeric benefits also include being an important witchcraft ingredient for spell casting rituals.
- Moreover, it is Burned and the smoke is Inhaled to treat internal damages and repel evil forces.
In short, turmeric is a magical spice that when used correctly can take all your pain and sufferings away. Use a pinch of turmeric daily to reap its benefits. Overall, Turmeric benefits have left us speechless and all we want to do is
“Abra Cadabra..paint the world yellow”!